Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Field Trip!

So, I'm quite behind in my blog posts.  Still, today was my first day off work so summer has officially begun! Sadly I am sick (again) so mostly I laid around on the couch watching Once Upon A Time and My Little Pony.  I was sitting here, trying to catch up my blog a little bit while eating a blue cotton candy popsicle.  The old kind, with two sticks so you can break it in half and share it with a friend (as if people actually do that) or so you can have two popsicles and your mom won't complain.  The kind where you have to get real careful when you get to the end or else it falls off the stick.  Yeah, apparently they come in cotton candy, and I have yet to learn how to eat one carefully, as I have just proceeded to drop half on myself and now am quite sticky as I write this.  There ends my eating popsicles while typing attempts.

This post has been some time coming, but there were so many pictures I took, that I really couldn't choose just a few.  The week of the kids spring break, we took them to the Boonshoft Museum.  It was so much fun.  The playing, climbing, pressing buttons, touching, exploring: the kids were all over it.  They especially loved the little zoo part.  Kids were running and screaming, as usual, which only added to the endless energy of these three.  Everyone was exhausted when we got home; Sam went to bed with his ball which he picked in the gift shop, and the girls collapsed on the couch.  It was a fun day for everyone!

Ready to go! (A.K.A. the "Why are we taking a picture here instead of going inside to play?!" photo.)



This bobcat reminded me of my old kitty, Sparkles.  The mannerisms were quite familiar to us.  Sparkles was a stray cat from the hills of Kentucky, so it has always been questioned by our family if he was part bobcat.

Sammy loved the owls.

Aly, making her own fun.  (Note the terrified passenger, and rather crazy driver of this vehicle.)


The special exhibit: The Amazon Rainforest.  The main attraction here was the giant, lifesize, plastic snake.  Sam climbed on it and promptly yelled "Yeehaw!"


Part of the fun was the fake snake was also actual weight.  The kids had to work together to lift it.








These two loved the jail...

And of course, Madi played judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment