A couple months back, my blog was nominated for an award! Well, less of an award and more of a get-to-know-you survey, it's true, but fun nonetheless. I have Sophia Marie from Teens Live For Jesus to thank for my little opportunity here. Hurray for her finding me and liking my blog! Life has been a little bit crazy due to extensive house cleaning (more on that in a soon-to-come post), bouts of illness, and my first ever [failing] attempt to potty train a two-year-old, so I am only now getting to this. "This" being the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster is German, in fact, for dearest, and as such is fitting for such an award which is used to expose your blog to other blogger friends who potentially and probably have similar interest. Sounds fun, yeah?
Here are the rules:
~Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
~List 11 facts about yourself.
~Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
~Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
~Ask them 11 questions.
~Let them know about the nomination.
Eleven Facts Abouts Me
1. Summer is my favorite.
2. I recently acquired a cloche hat. I must say, I adore it.
3. Rebecka watering the camels is probably the story in the Bible that has most inspired me.
4. I recently starting teaching a mini preschool class at the homeschool co-op my Mama runs. Such fun!
5. Robert Pierre is my favorite Christian artist. I can put in one of his C-Ds and not cringe at any of the songs. It's a wonderful feeling.
6. My favorite book of the Bible is Proverbs.
7. I have hazel eyes.
8. Lemons. I love lemons.
9. Sometimes three cups of tea before noon is necessary.
10. I like to listen to books before I fall asleep.
11. Rapunzel is my favorite Disney Princess
Now for me to answer questions
1. What time of day do you look forward to most?
Dinner time. My family has a bit of a strange practice, in which we eat out dinner in front of the T.V. We watch various shows on Netflix together, and they tend to seep into our everyday life. Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, The X-Files, Monk...the list goes on. It leads to so many other activities and conversation! Although, bedtime is also a favorite time of day.
2. What’s your favorite genre in fiction?
I dabble. Seriously, I'll read little bits of (almost) everything. If Fairy Tales are a genre, that would probably be my favorite. If I had to pick.
3. What sport do you like most, if any?
Ever seen Princess Diaries? My hand-eye coordination, is zero. I like riding horses, ice skating, rock climbing, and getting everyone out of the house in time for school. Listed in increasing difficulty and exhursion levels.
4. What’s the funniest thing you heard (or did) today?
My mother, sister, and I watched Moms' Night Out. We all laughed so hard, bringing on tears and headaches and coughs from residual colds. It was worth it.
5. Do you/did you like being a teenager?
It had wonderful and horrible times. In less than a month I'll be turning twenty and officially leaving the teenage stage of my life (scary!) and I must admit I'm looking forward to it. I'm ready for a new stage in life, but don't want to forget everything I've learned these past seven years. Being sixteen was probably my favorite year, although recently I have been discovering some life truths first hand. It's taking a little while to put them into action, but I feel like my life is slowly getting better as i learn how to rely on God.
6. Who is your favorite author?
I love many, many authors. The one who has probably stuck with me longest would be Shannon Hale. She truly wrote books that touched me.
7. Do you play any musical instruments?
I play piano casually, and I like to sing when given opportunity.
8. How many hours a week do you spend in front of the computer (approximately)?
9. Do you believe music relieves stress? Do books do a better job?
I believe they can be equal. It would depend on the person, of course, but both help me. If I am in a good book I will go to that first.
10. What’s your favorite color?
Blue. Lovely, peaceful, personal, bright, blue
11. You’ve been given three work-free child-free chore-free study-free hours. What are you going to do?
So many tempting options! Read, mindlessly surf Pinterest, catch up on important things... I do love those free hours!
Alright...now I'm going to break the rules slightly (sorry!) I don't exactly have 9 bloggers to nominate, so I'm to pick two; Kelsi from Messy Bits since she was kind enough to comment on my blog recently,and Kayla from Dancing Flames since she was following my blog even when it as [more] boring! But, as asking eleven questions just for these two girls to answer seems a bit superfluous, I would love to reuse the questions Sophia Marie asked me! I want to hear your answers to these questions too! They definitely got me thinking. :)
Thank you again for choosing me! Even though I've spent countless weeks getting this post together... What fun!